[scribus] OpenOffice into Scribus

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Sat Aug 23 00:25:45 CEST 2008

Yes, there is a work around -- go through Open Office and convert the document. RTF is, however, an accepted cross platform standard. While it's not absolutely necessary, it would be very convenient for the majority of users.

My choice of the phrase "needs to be supported" was poor... but I still think it SHOULD be supported simply because it is such a wide ranging standard. Almost every WP made supports it. More of a convenience than a need, but it should certainly be on the "to do" list. Not anything immediate, but a future consideration.

-----------
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:47:06 +0200
From: Fritz Eichelhardt <f.eichelhardt at web.de>

> > I always save text from an outside WP program as Rich Text or Plain Text.
> > OpenOffice supports RTF exports.

ok, but why do you?
save as odt, and everything's fine.

> > RTF is enough of a standard (and plain text or ASCII files, for
> > that matter) that it NEEDS to be supported

no, it does not NEED to
scribus is FREE and open-source.
oo is FREE and open-source.
scribus supports oo-format.