[scribus] HSV colour picker

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Thu Aug 21 08:23:53 CEST 2008

In the Edit Colour dialogue, you can choose either a number of different
swatch collections or the HSV-Colourmap.

Compared to other similar colour pickers, I find this baffling to use.
The displayed spectrum appears to be fully saturated at the top and
fully desaturated at the bottom.  But where is the Value (Luminance,
Lightness, Brightness) slider?  How is one supposed to set value,
particularly when the entire colourmap will darken when you click in it
and drag the X cross-hair around?  Or is it intended as a feedback
device but not a picker?

Here is a much more user-friendly wheel colour picker ...

<http://imagebin.ca/view/fIt2YXYF.html>

... and a square colour picker ...

<http://imagebin.ca/view/AZ2vN6N.html>

Or am I missing something about the HSV-Colourmap in the Edit Colour
dialogue?

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger at handholding.com.au>