[scribus] Scripting problem in 1.3.5svn

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Wed Aug 20 17:27:23 CEST 2008

I am running Windows XP SP3, Scribus version 1.3.5svn dated 09 July 2008, Build ID: C-*-T-*-C1.6.4-Windows.  I've searched but cannot fine any mention of this in the bug tracker.  Before I report it, however, I thought I'd see if you think it really is a bug.  Of course, it may be in the tracker and I simply failed to find it or it may have been fixed in more recent svn code.

I have a script that creates an A2 size calendar.  The problem is with the dialog that calls it.  If I click on Script => Execute Script and navigate to the script I get the following script error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\temp\\Calendar_A2.py'

I tried typing in the full path and file name, using both forward and back slashes but that didn't make any difference.  When I open prefs135.xml I (oddly, it seems) have only one entry in the recentscripts section.

        <row index="0">
                <col index="0">C:\temp\Calendar_A2.py</col>
        </row>

If I replace the backslashes with forward slashes and save that file, I can select the script from Script => Recent Scripts and it runs fine.

Thoughts?

--
Henry Hartley