[scribus] Picas and Points

Hedley Finger hfinger at handholding.com.au
Tue Aug 19 09:05:34 CEST 2008

John:

> Coming as I do from a TeX environment I should note that TeX allows
> inch measurements, points (traditional), big points (Adobe style),
> picas, metric, didot, cicero,  and a tiny measurement called a scaled
> point (sp) which are 65536 per inch.  So one system of mensuration
> should not exclude another.  Translation from one unit to another is
> a trivial execise for a programmer.

Just for interest, FrameMaker allows the same, including decimals of a
point -- I have never bothered to find out what the limit is.

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel. +61 3 9809 1229   Fax. (call phone first)
Mob. (cell) +61 412 461 558
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfinger at handholding.com.au>