[scribus] Vertical Text?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Aug 16 14:53:27 CEST 2008

Pankaj Mittal wrote:
> Hi
> I want to write some text vertically. If I use Story Editor, the space between lines becomes a lot.
>
> How can I write vertical text and control space between characters, using Scripter?
>
> Like: instead of Scribus write as follows vertically

What you are wanting is the setLineSpacing() command -- see the Scripter
docs for details. You may need to experiment outside of Scripter to know
what you want the linespacing to be.
If you are trying to have different linespacing in different lines of
the frame, this won't work, since it sets it for the whole frame. In
that case, I would suggest making a separate frame for this vertically
running text.

Greg