[scribus] Cannot find plugins after compilation

Daniel James daniel at 64studio.com
Thu Aug 14 15:00:03 CEST 2008

Hi all,

> I have built 1.3.3.12 from source on 64 Studio 2.1 AMD64 (Debian Etch
> based) but I'm seeing the following output in the terminal on start-up:
>
> Cannot find plugin:
> /usr/local/lib/scribus/plugins//libsvgimplugin.so.0.0.0: undefined
> symbol:
> _ZN8ScPlugin19newPrefsPanelWidgetEP7QWidgetRP10PrefsPanelR7QStringR7QPixmap

I've tried rebuilding a clean copy from scratch, and also installing to
a user directory ~/scribus but I'm getting the exact same problem each
time. I know there's a suggested fix for cmake here:

http://bugs.scribus.net/print_bug_page.php?bug_id=6897

but is there an equivalent fix for those of us using autotools?

I did try using cmake according to the Scribus documentation, but it
failed with a bunch of 'INSTALL TARGETS given no DESTINATION!' errors.
Maybe that's a clue to the plugin problem :-)

Thanks!

Daniel