[scribus] ! ;-)

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Thu Aug 14 04:32:58 CEST 2008

joseph harris wrote:

> More often than not ease is a key demand, and the windows format does
> generally deliver ease of use, ease of d/l, ease of installation and up
> and running with no worries about whether all the needed files are
> there. The trade off, as I said, is limited choice in the program.

OK, but your beef then isn't with scribus but with linux and cross
platform OSS.

Under windows, scribus IS trivial to download and install.

The grief comes because scribus is cross platform and some platforms are
easier to build on than others. But whoever is building the windows
installer is doing a great job. Installation is less trouble than the
normal ways of installing Pagemaker, InDe or Word.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor