[scribus] Copyright -- Free to copy license

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 12 01:57:14 CEST 2008

--- On Mon, 8/11/08, Sharon Foster <sfoster at cheshirelibrary.org> wrote:
From: Sharon Foster <sfoster at cheshirelibrary.org>
Subject: Re: [scribus] Copyright -- Free to copy license
To: wmstrome at yahoo.com
Cc: sfoster at cheshirelibrary.org
Date: Monday, August 11, 2008, 4:44 PM

I can understand including it with a package of code--it's just one file
out of dozens or hundreds, in that case. But for your document, or for a
website, maybe Creative Commons is better suited to your needs, as someone
else suggested.

Thanks. I have since found another possibility: The OpenContent License

http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/

which is used for Scribus documentation, according to:

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=doccopyright

However, there it says that the tutorial is covered under the GNU
Free Documentation License, and that there is a link from the tutorial
to that license. As I read it, the Tutorial does NOT conform to
the GFDL,  (because a copy of the license is not contained in the document)
and there is not even a link to it in the Tutorial. I have no idea what the legal
ramifications of that might be!

Murray