[scribus] "ml"

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex at scribus.info
Mon Aug 11 22:53:35 CEST 2008

* John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk> [2008-08-11 21:32:13 +0100]:

> Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
>> * John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk> [2008-08-09 02:15:46 +0100]:
>
>>> The first thing is which website ?
>>>
>>> Let's assume I go to www.scribus.net
>>
>> Well, this puzzles me a bit. What other website is there? I think this is the
>> only your comment I disagree with you about.
>
> SourceForge

Well, that's fine as we have those file hosted on the SF anyway.

>> Fixed - SVN Snapshots now has a link to the latest windows 1.3.5svn snapshot
>> and it will have new ones there as they appear as well.
>
> Magic !
>
>>> So yes - I don't think downloading svns from the web site is obvious.
>>>  But it's easy to snipe and you are asking what would be better.
>> Please take a look at the current set up. I hope it's more straightforward
>> now. Thank you a lot for your comments. They were very helpful and honestly
>> quite eye opening.
>
> It's easy to play the naive user when you are a naive user !  And it's
> great to be listened to !

Ah, the naive new user is an invaluable commodity as they are usually too
timid to speak up and quickly loose their innocence before they can contribute
in a way you did. Thank you for speaking up John!

> A few things still cross my min on pages like
>
>     http://www.scribus.net/?q=taxonomy/term/36
>
> I'd be inclined to put some white space under "Windows (TM)"
> before "2008-07-17 1.3.5svn snapshot for windows".

Done. I put a short description there and some space beneath it.

> I suppose I'd also be inclined to put "2008-07-17 1.3.5svn snapshot for
> windows" after "Download the Latest Stable Version for Windows". While
> it's good to have the svns visible, do we really want them at the top of
> the list ?

Well, Drupal favors new articles before the old ones, so it'll stay that way.
We'll de-activate older snapshot posts as new ones appear, so the structure
will hopefully stay the same.

> The other thing is that neither "2008-07-17 1.3.5svn snapshot for
> windows" or "Download the Latest Stable Version for Windows" look like
> links until you happen to hover over them. That means you have to move
> the mouse around before you have the information to start thinking what
> you want to do next.

They are in different font, which I agree could be difficult to see for
certain combinations of monitors and eyes. Let's leave it as is for now
though.

> Cheers, J/.

Regards,

OM