[scribus] ! ;-)

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Mon Aug 11 19:44:10 CEST 2008

Christoph Schäfer a écrit :
>> Specialy when there is no elaborate word (& character) styles
>> import abilities in Scribus.
> What are word styles? Scribus 1.3.3.x has paragraph styles and imports them from ODT, SXW and HTML and, of course, its own files. Scribus 1.3.5 has character styles, so could you be more specific about its alleged shortcomings, please?

I have great hopes toward future versions,
and that is why i keep informed and try each new version.

However I am afraid the 1.3.5 wont fit my needs
(I was once said that only the 1.3.6 would have the
"through linked-text-frames selection actions" bug corrected).

>> Generaly writing, not understating the problems and weaknesses
>> would help commmunicate with the crew though.

> you always join the list when someone asks if he should use the program and tell all readers that it's completely
useless for you and that it's utter crap anyway. It would certainly help if you could be more constructive/specific or
even help fixing issues, since you claim to have C++ experience. Sending your ceterum censeo to this list again and
again is a waste of time, and it _does_ _not_ help.

When somebody asks about usability I share my experience...
and all the more if such an expression is usually rejected ! :-(

(PS : words such as "utter crap" might contribute to the so-said "snottyness" feeling
of the list.)

> Given the millions of downloads of Scribus, mostly positive reviews in magazines and many succesfully completed projects, your behaviour reminds me of a driver who hears a warning about a wrong-way driver on a motorway and says "Only one? There are hundreds of them" ;)

Except the unsatisfied : they dont subscribe to the list :-(

I could also follow their example.
I could quietly wait for the 1.3.6 or some later version
hoping the programmers will in some mysterious way
correct the supposed-not-to-exist bugs
and scribus become nice and friendly usable.

JL