[scribus] Copyright -- Free to copy license

Murray Strome wmstrome at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 11 18:54:19 CEST 2008

If I produce a document, I would like the copyright to be such that people are free to copy and modify it, but to retain the credit for my part of the work. Initially, I thought that the GNU Free Documentation License (GFPL) would be a good choice. However, one condition makes it completely impractical, namely that you must : "...include a copy of the License in the document" and that it must be a verbatim copy.

This is completely impractical for short documents, and even for a 300 page book, I would not want to have to put in several pages, just for the sake of including a copy of the GFPL.

Does anyone know of a License that accomplishes essentially the same thing as the GFPL, but without such an onerous condition attached?  Just imagine producing a one page document to be licensed under GFPL, where even reformatted in tiny print, it would take three pages!

Thanks for suggestions.

Murray