[scribus] Scribus complaints

jwminer at accessvt.com jwminer at accessvt.com
Mon Aug 11 08:13:50 CEST 2008

Roger wrote:
> - Scribus, Gimp, Blender, Audacity, Inkscape, Oo.org etc,etc  are
> not like
> windows and never will be and in using these over time, you will
> eventually
> question "Why doesn't  nnnn in windows do this or that?"

Oh dear. I don't know about Blender (never had occasion to use it),
but Scribus, Gimp, Audacity, Inkscape, OOo, and many other programs
are completely cross platform. I dare say there are probably many
more users of OOo under Windows than under Linux.

So the question of why nnnn in Windows doesn't do this or that has
nothing to do with Windows. It's a comparison of one program with
another. And it's certainly not a foregone conclusion that a user
will prefer Scribus to Quark or InDesign, Gimp to Photoshop, and so
forth.
--Judy Miner
   USA

Registered Linux User #397786