[scribus] Scribus complaints

Roger hovergo at net-tech.com.au
Mon Aug 11 03:56:30 CEST 2008

If there are ideas about how scribus
could get improved, that may be interesting to read. But complaints
about this and that.......

I tend to agree and offer my insights for what it's worth.
I have learned:
- Over 10 years of using Open Source I find that complaints don't help anyone!
  - The Scribus community know more than me.
- New users are very welcome and will be helped as much as possible.
- Ask specifically about a problem if you want help, be as specific as you can.
- At all times be polite.
- Never make assertions, because a personal assertion is of no help and will be
refuted by other users.
- When asking a general question, preface it with your lack of experience in
that particular area.
- Be prepared for a steep learning curve - Open source is not windows or Apple,
the user is sheltered to a certain extent but eventually must go out and learn
for himself and this will mean time, effort, learning new terms and circumstances.
- Scribus, Gimp, Blender, Audacity, Inkscape, Oo.org etc,etc  are not like
windows and never will be and in using these over time, you will eventually
question "Why doesn't  nnnn in windows do this or that?"
- The learning curve is one that I would not have missed even for one
frustrating moment.
- Be grateful that others are supplying everything  -you- need as best they can
to empower -you-.
Anyway so much for my assertions.
Roger