[scribus] New Linux User -- Scribus in place of PageMaker 6?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 13:15:33 CEST 2008

Steve wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 02:42:33 +0100
> John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk> wrote:

>> Steve wrote:
>>> I consult for a weekly newspaper that wants to move to Linux, but
>>> can't give up PM6 (they hate PM7). I tried PM6 under Wine about a
>>> year ago but it wasn't especially stable. Recently I put VirtualBox
>>> with Win2000 on one of their Linux machines and installed PM6 into
>>> that. This works perfectly. It also makes for a simple work flow.
>>> They love it. I'll be setting up all their machines with this
>>> configuration in the next couple of months.
>> Cool.  Is this VM Ware or another solution ?
>>

>> Cheers, J/.
>
> Another (but very similar) solution. See http://www.virtualbox.org/.
> It's open source, so on my Debian boxes it's just "apt-get install
> virtualbox".

Excellent !  I got VM Ware years ago and mostly used it to run the
LigandFit anti cancer drug design software under windows on a linux box,
  but I'm glad there's an OSS solution now !  VMW sure was expensive.

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor