[scribus] New Linux User -- Scribus in place of PageMaker 6?

John Beardmore John at T4sLtd.co.uk
Sun Aug 10 03:42:33 CEST 2008

Steve wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 01:33:52 +0100
> John Beardmore <John at T4sLtd.co.uk> wrote:

>>> What I'm looking for is an alternative to Windows that I can work
>>> with. PM6 might run under WINE just fine,
>> Interesting thought. Does anybody know if it does ?
>
> I consult for a weekly newspaper that wants to move to Linux, but can't
> give up PM6 (they hate PM7). I tried PM6 under Wine about a year
> ago but it wasn't especially stable. Recently I put VirtualBox
> with Win2000 on one of their Linux machines and installed PM6 into that.
> This works perfectly. It also makes for a simple work flow. They
> love it. I'll be setting up all their machines with this configuration
> in the next couple of months.

Cool.  Is this VM Ware or another solution ?

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor