[scribus] How to open a specific page from a PDF?

Henry Hartley henryhartley at westat.com
Tue Aug 5 16:23:25 CEST 2008

Jeffrey Silverman wrote:

>> I have a feeling he means something like, put a link in a web
>> page that points to a page in the PDF.
>>
>> I don't think there is any (portable, reliable) way to do that
>> though.

I cannot speak to its portability or reliability but you can make an
HTML hyperlink go to a particular page in a PDF document quite easily.
If it's a page number you want to go to, then you need not do anything
special in the PDF.  In the hyperlink in your HTML, simply reference the
page number as follows:

If your PDF has named destinations then you can link to them, as well.

I don't know how you create named destinations from Scribus but linking
to them is easy enough.

--
Henry