[scribus] How to open a specific page from a PDF?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Aug 5 15:44:09 CEST 2008

Juan A. Bertolin wrote:
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Juan,
Please send your emails as plain text. I'm pasting your note here:
<Juan's note>
I'm using Scribus in Ubuntu Hardy to design a digital magazine. Once
the PDF is generated, could it be possible to establish a link to a
specific page from outside? I mean, is it possible to include a mark in
a page that afterwards I could use it to access that page directly by
means an external link?
</Juan's note>

One question is, linking from what?
If you're linking from a PDF, the answer is certainly yes. If you look
at the features of PDF links in Scribus, you will see that you can link
to another file, and in addition to a specific page. You can also link
within a PDF to another page in the PDF.

1. Create a *regular* text frame
2. right-click for Context Menu, select PDF Options > Is PDF Annotation.
3. right-click again, PDF Options > Annotation Properties; this brings
up a dialog
4. Choose Link (same document), External Link (different PDF), or
External Web-Link (will be dependent on whether this is enabled in your
OS/browser)
5. Under Link you specify a page and can also specify particular X and Y
coordinates on the page. External link asks for the document, then for
page and coordinates. Web-link asks for URL.

Note that you cannot test these in Scribus, you have to make the PDF and
check with your PDF viewer.

Greg