[scribus] scribus on openSUSE 11

hjh at mail.fsub.de hjh at mail.fsub.de
Mon Aug 4 23:17:17 CEST 2008

> Jurriaan Koot wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Forgive me if this is the wrong question in the wrong place, but I'm a
>> complete newbie when it comes to linux and Scribus.
>> I've been trying to install Scribus v1.3.3.12 (latest stable version) on
>> openSUSE 11.0. But after "installation" nothing happened, I can't find
>> Scribus anywhere..
>> What I did, I added the repository, and installed the scribus package..
>> And
>> then.. It should work right?
>> So please explain me where I went wrong, and how to fix it!
>> Thanks guys,
>>
> maybe it's there and you don't know it. Check /usr/bin and
> /usr/local/bin for the executable 'scribus'.
>
> Greg

It's probably there.
Installing 1.3.3.12 on SUSE 10.3 (downloaded from opensuse)
it installed with an error message, I didn't understand (at first):
The Desktop Icon couldn't be installed. After finding this out,
I could start of course Scribus from the command-line.

Anyway I must have managed the problem with the icon, because it now
is installed and works fine. But I can't remember at the moment, how
I managed.I will give it a second thought.

I may it was something first installing 1.3.5 and not whiping out
everything.

Hans-Josef