[scribus] Latest v. of Scribus for Ubuntu 8.04

Henry W. Peters hwpeters at jamadots.com
Mon Aug 4 22:57:34 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have had Scribus for at least, a half a year on Windows XP, could not
get it to print... even with the latest stable version. Migrated to
Ubuntu 8.04/Linux dual boot.

I downloaded Scribus thru "Add/Remove" this morning (dial-up, long
call!) but it was not the latest stable version (it was
1.3.3.1.1dfsg-lubur). Went to Scribus home page-->latest version...
tried to follow instructions to download said via "Synaptic Package
Manager," when I clicked the "Repositories" in the "Settings" menu, I
get the "Software Sources" menu which stops me cold, as there are non of
the add options that resemble the instructions.

It may be something simple, as I am very new to Ubuntu/Linux. Please
advise.

Thanks much,
Henry