[scribus] imposition for 10cm x 10cm brochure printed on A2 printer

Pierre Marchand capparis at free.fr
Fri Aug 1 00:24:47 CEST 2008

Vous (Lars O. Grobe) avez écrit :
> Hi List,
>
> I just subscribed, and I have been using Scribus mostly for assembling
> drawings into PDF pages, not much layout so far.
>
> Now I am trying to set up a little brochure. It is 26pages (I will
> insert two blanks at the end to make it divideable by four), should have
> a final size of 10cm x 10cm (so the sheet will be cut to 20cm x 10cm
> which should be fine with A5), and I want to print it on a A2-printer
> without duplex. So print, fold three times to A5, bind, fold, cut.
>
> I have the document in scribus, but now I wonder how do the imposition.
> I found a couple of texts describing brochure making, but they all fold
> only once, make an A5-brochure of A4-sheets.
>  Is there a how-to for want I want to do anywhere available? Or even
> some tool doing this? I guess that psbook is somehow prepared for this,
> but I have problems to find out how exactly to use it. Would be great,
> because I could simply convert Scribus' pdf to ps and use the free psutils.

You have a couple of options to do imposition with free software, but first of
all I would say thet there’s nothing very handy and you’ll need to get hands
in to achieve your job.

Here I’ll speak on the only one I understand (it’s fair since I did write it):
podofoimpose (it comes with PoDoFo 0.6 as an example of what PoDoFo can do).

Let me say first that 28 pages is unusual! Following what I’ve understood of
your saying and usual signature i’ll write it for a 32 pages (A5) brochure
printed onto 2 sheets, sorry if it does not fit your actual need.

Here is the signature that you need to save in a file that you can name
in32.plan
8><===========================
1190.55 1683.78
8 1 270 0  1683.78
1 1 90 1190.55 1262.835
9 1 270 0 1262.835
16 1 90 1190.55 841.89
12 1 270 0 841.89
13 1 90 1190.55 420.945
5 1 270 0 420.945
4 1 90 1190.55 0

2 2 270 0  1683.78
7 2 90 1190.55 1262.835
15 2 270 0 1262.835
10 2 90 1190.55 841.89
14 2 270 0 841.89
11 2 90 1190.55 420.945
3 2 270 0 420.945
6 2 90 1190.55 0

24 3 270 0  1683.78
17 3 90 1190.55 1262.835
25 3 270 0 1262.835
32 3 90 1190.55 841.89
28 3 270 0 841.89
29 3 90 1190.55 420.945
21 3 270 0 420.945
20 3 90 1190.55 0

18 4 270 0  1683.78
23 4 90 1190.55 1262.835
31 4 270 0 1262.835
26 4 90 1190.55 841.89
30 4 270 0 841.89
27 4 90 1190.55 420.945
19 4 270 0 420.945
22 4 90 1190.55 0

Now you can impose "MyDoc.pdf" with:
podofoimpose MyDoc.pdf MyDocImposed.pdf in32.plan 0

HTH

--
Pierre Marchand