[Scribus] Modifying SLA files outside Scribus

John Beardmore John
Thu Apr 24 01:57:48 CEST 2008

I've got some SLA files which may be corrupt. Ideally I'd like to
recover them, but to be realistic it may be quicker to recreate the
document.

I'm working under windows XP, but I'm curious to know if the same
problems are encountered by linux users.  If it turns out to be a
general problem, I guess it could lead to a bug report.

As the files have come confidential content I shouldn't really upload
them unmodified for others to test without modification.

I understand that I should be able to examine / edit SLA files with
Notepad++ because they are UTF-8.  Is that right ?

Can I just overwrite the confidential text with other characters, then
save the file for other people to try ?

I assume that after the file is loaded, and certainly before it is
saved, I'll need to do

     Format->Encode UTF-8 without BOM

Is that right ?

Cheers, J/.
Carbon Trust Consultant: Energy Audit, Carbon Footprint, Design Advice
Energy Efficiency Accreditation Scheme, (EEAS), Registered Assessor