[Scribus] Scribus Digest, Vol 62, Issue 12

Roger hovergo
Sun Apr 20 02:17:15 CEST 2008

> Scribus 1.3.5 is a development version, not ready for every-day-usage. I
> > think, it contains a lot of debugging code which slows down the whole
> > thing. The final version will be much faster  :-)
yep, it's development version.
But I can see serious slowdown of 1.3.5svn last weeks. Dunno why. Maybe it's
due Qt4, maybe it's due the new layout system. Hard to say.
Anyway - I hope we will focus on it in the near future.
petr
-----------=============-----------------

Thanks Petr
Yes, I realise and am most appreciative that it's a Development version, It's why
I am using it -  to help ,if I can, find things that may need attention.

--- When activating the default colour management, I can only use half a dozen
colours in the pallet, the others default to green. With colour management -off-
  more colours are allowable.

--- Default font in the Story Editor is pixelated and blotchy, editing and
reading is difficult.
How can I change the default Story Editor font?

---- Selecting a number of sentences in the story editor I cannot simultaneously
change the styles in a selection of text, can change styles one line at a time.
1.3.4 permitted selection of any range of text in the Story Editor and would
change style for the selection.

Compiling the latest svn went without a hitch, only half a dozen error messages
(variables not used, and that kind of thing) which prove to be of little
consequence, Job very well done on this front.

Thank you to all the developers.
Roger