[Scribus] 'L' shaped text box with round corners

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sat Apr 19 17:55:49 CEST 2008

Jimmi wrote:
>> Owen ha scritto:
>> Insert Shape->Properties->Shape->Round Corners
>>

> As long as you modify the frame this choice is not anymore available :(

Not quite sure if I know what you want to do. As you say, rounding
doesn't work in this situation.

Perhaps try a different approach: (for a rounded L-shape, for example,
and presume you want to fill with an image)
- make a rectangle shape, then round its corners in Shape tab
- copy the shape, rotate 90 degrees and position for your L-shape
- Item > Combine Polygons
- Item > Convert To > Image frame
- Copy this frame, increase copy size proportionally, change background
color to desired frame color, push to level under the smaller frame
- Get image to smaller version, position over the larger to show "frame"
evenly

Greg