[Scribus] Flatten layers at export time.

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Fri Apr 18 16:48:08 CEST 2008

John Culleton wrote:
> Apparently Scribus does not (yet) have a flatten layers function. If I
> export in pdf 1.3 format does that flatten the output pdf?

There are layers and there are layers.
Layers in the sense of collections of objects of all sorts on different
levels on that layer are all flattened in the PDF.

Layers in graphic images is a different kind of layer, which Scribus is
beginning to be able to work with. These too will be flattened in the PDF.

Then there are layers in PDFs, as in PDF 1.5, which is just beginning to
be implemented in development versions, not in 1.3.3.x.

Greg