[Scribus] vista

S B sbinsandiego
Mon Apr 14 21:01:08 CEST 2008

On your Top Menu, under file, you will find a tab called Preferences.  Click
that.  Scroll down to the icon that says, "external programs."  From there,
you will find two choices--one for your Post Script fonts, called PostScript
Interpreter, and the other for your graphics editor.  You need to either
download those programs (Gimp and Ghostscript), or if you have them, tell
your Scribus program where they are; here's how mine looks:

(Ghostscript) C:/Program Files/gs/gs8.60/bin/gswin32c.exe
(Gimp) C:/Program Files/GIMP-2.0/bin/gimp-win-remote.exe
Note that I am running Gimp 2.4 on my XP machine.  Everything seems to work
fine from here.
Write if there's more, and good luck.  Scribus is one of the BEST programs
I've used, especially for my Bible teaching and for my Real estate business.
If you write me directly, I'll send you a couple pdf's, so you can see what
I do with it (and I'm definitely not a trained graphic artist); another
program you will like is Inkscape.  All are great, and kudos to the
open-source community for producing something that is easy to use, and that
rivals the "big hitters" of software.
Yay, Scribus!
Steve Bradley