[Scribus] Extras needed for Win XP, Vista etc. installation.

John Culleton john
Fri Apr 11 14:32:38 CEST 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008 05:16:31 pm Plinnell wrote:
> On Thursday 27 March 2008 19:36:06 John Culleton wrote:
> > I have Linux Slackware 12 but no form of Windows beyond Win 98 on
> > my oldest machine.  I am writing an e-book for new/naive Scribus
> > users who may want to design covers for POD printers like LSI. I
> > need to list what else they need to download and install. Thus
> > far I have come up with:
> >
> > Open Office (for more fonts and CMYK files.)
> > Ghostscript
> >
> > ImageMagick may be added for flattening files containing layers
> > (transparencies etc.) unless someone comes up with a better
> > solution.
> >
> > What else should I add to the list?
>
> Everything listed here:
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=toolbox with the
> exception of Krita and KSnapshot which are not yet totally cross
> platform. (They exist on Win32 in very alpha state.)
>
> Peter

Do you mean that the novice who is only creating book covers needs all
those programs? Or are some of them in the "nice to have" category? I
don't want to scare them off with too much downloading and
installation.

--
John Culleton