[scribus] Multiple instances of Scribus

John Brown johnbrown105 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 28 19:27:24 CEST 2008

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> As I said in my original comment, actual user instances should dictate
> what seems to make sense.
> In emacs, if you try to open a file already open, you will simply go to
> that file in buffer, not open the file from disk again, unless you open
> another instance of emacs. Is that what Scribus should do? Why?
>
> Greg

I really don't care if Scribus allows you to open a file more than once
or not, even if I canot think of a good reason why somebody would
deliberately do that.

If it wants to stop you, there are several methods:
1) Silent refusal (emacs)
2) Loud refusal (Excel)
3) Allow only read-only copies (Word)

Again, I don't care.

However, if it allows you to open a file more than once, it should
give you a warning before it lets you go ahead. That is my only
requirement.