[Scribus] Hyphenation

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Sep 27 19:21:47 CEST 2007

Am Donnerstag, 27. September 2007 16:59 schrieb Dr. Werner Popken:
> > Why don't you insert the smart hyphen in the text frame?
>
> Err, I never did that (blush). How do I do that??? Can't find out ...

Insert > Character > Smart Hyphen. The keyboard shortcut will probably not
work, but you can assign another one instead.

> Looking at the introductory video scribus_tutorial_part1.ogg again, I
> see that it is no problem - but in 1.3.4 it seems to be impossible. It
> isn't even possible in 1.3.3.9
>
> > I corrected the link. What you need is hyph_de_OLDSPELL.zip. Unzip the
> > file and rename it.
>
> Thanks a lot! Works great! By the way, I use DragonDictate and have
> refused to update to new spelling rules.

Well, it would have been a downgrade ;)

> I bet they will be forgotten
> in a couple of years. Language is a living thing and cannot be
> squeezed at will. In the long run, people will define what good
> spelling is.

Exactly. You may have noticed that the "reformed" spelling isn't used on the
Wiki and in the German translation of the docs. That's on purpose :)

Gr??e

Christoph