[Scribus] Header lines

Dr. Werner Popken Werner
Thu Sep 27 14:01:04 CEST 2007

Did I understand ocrrectly: Master pages cannot contain elements with
different content on different pages except page numbers?

If so, how can I apply a "master layout" to include ever the same text
frames (left/right) on a page? Do I miss something here? To rest
assured, I spent an hour or so skimming through the documents,
experimenting, trying to find out, Googling, ... As far as I can see,
you can only place text frames automatically when creating a new
document. Is this correct?

Also: If I want to have a header line showing the chapter title left
and the section title right, for example (which is something common in
book layout, LaTex can do this easily), I understand that this has to
be done manually on each page (maybe copied and pasted, using the
scrapbook) or else a Python script has to be set up doing this for me,
right? Or by defining lots of master pages by way of duplication, the
first one having page numbers only, then one with a header for the
first chapter, the next one for the second chapter and so on, data
changing with each page to be still added manually?

Or is the scrapbook the tool to perform these repeating actions like
placing text frames and placing a text frame and an image frame
within? If so, is there a trick to place them exactly instead of
pushing them around or correcting data via keybord in the properties
page?

By the way, text import works great now :-)

Thanks a lot!

Werner