[Scribus] Hyphenation

mamem at gmx.net mamem
Thu Sep 27 00:12:41 CEST 2007

Christoph Sch?fer a ?crit :
> Am Mittwoch, 26. September 2007 22:38 schrieb Dr. Werner Popken:
>
>> I don't know about 1.3.39, but I noticed in 1.3.4 that the German word
>> "Provokationsstre?" has been hyphenated as "Provokationss-tre?" which
>> is definitely wrong. How can I correct this, generally or in this
>> case?
>>

> Well this obviously one of the issues caused by reformed spelling  rules (or
> its implementation in algorithms).
>
> Proposed solutions:
>
> 1) Try with the hyphenation file for normal German spelling:
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Herk%C3%B6mmliche_deutsche_Silbentrennung_in_Scribus
>
> 2) Set the hyphenation settings for your document to "Hyphenation Suggestions"
>
> 3) Try to place a smart hyphen after the first "s"
>
> HTH
>
> Christoph

Ha! This is great. I read the tip-page, and if I understand well: the
old hyphenation is the good one, and the new is not? So why using the
new one? In my text I have: Strahlung-sbelastung, Schla-flosigkeit,
ma-gnetostatisch, Nebe-neffekt, Ges-pr?ch... it is not practical!
So by changing into the OLDSilbentrennung like told in the tip, it will
be OK?

Martin