[Scribus] Group opacity not working

John Beardmore John
Wed Sep 26 00:54:59 CEST 2007

David Christian Berg wrote:

>> I've never tried tried it, but my understanding is that InDesign 2.x
>> won't read files from 1.x !
>
> Be assured, I does :) InD1 doesn't read InD2 files though.

Well, I should have possibly tried it myself, but some of our staff tell
me that it won't load at least some of our InD1.5 docs.

> as for Scribus: having 1.3.4 files, the discussion is not really
> relevant for me, however, I hope Luis is right because otherwise it
> would be impossible for most users to do the switch.

Yes.

>> :)   Indeed this was one of the stupidities that led us to investigate
>> Scribus.
>>

>>> AFAIK, this has been like that for a long time now.
>
> For me it is more having a free layouting programme.

Free is good, but Scribus seems to beaded for free and less buggy !

> Have you ever
> considered all the student organizations, where people work together on
> a global level?

I had voluntary environmental groups in mind.

> I'm already promoting Inkscape a lot, there, to exchange drafts, because
> this way, everybody can participate. With Scribus everybody could
> participate in the actual process of creating a magazine or a poster.

Yes -  I'm pushing Gimp, Inkscape, Scribus, FreeMind, Open Office and
Linux through a UK environmental / community charity, but I don't know
how far I'll get !

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore, MSc EDM (Open), B.A. Chem (Oxon), CMIOSH, AIEMA, MEI.
Carbon Trust Consultant -  Energy Audit and Design Advice.