[Scribus] Group opacity not working

John Beardmore John
Mon Sep 24 19:19:30 CEST 2007

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> John Beardmore a ?crit :
>> David Christian Berg wrote:

>>> I guess, that just depends on the kind of annoyances. And for my kind of
>>> annoyances, I assume I have less in the development version (e.g. I
>>> don't really mind, that Scribus crashes every time I close a document).
>>> I used the 1.3.3 cycle a long time ago but the 1.3.4 version works a lot
>>> better for me.
>>> And if I'm not mistaken, the format of 1.3.3 is not compatible with
>>> 1.3.4 and vice versa. hence switching would mean loosing my data.
 >>
>> Surely the intent would be that 1.3.4.x would read 1.3.3.x files, though
>> not the other way around ?  If not, that really will be a pain !
>
> AFAIK, the newest releases can always read older files done in previous
> versions.

I've never tried tried it, but my understanding is that InDesign 2.x
won't read files from 1.x !

:)   Indeed this was one of the stupidities that led us to investigate
Scribus.

> AFAIK, this has been like that for a long time now.

I hope so.

Cheers, J/.
--
John Beardmore, MSc EDM (Open), B.A. Chem (Oxon), CMIOSH, AIEMA, MEI.
Carbon Trust Consultant -  Energy Audit and Design Advice.