[Scribus] Importing eps and pdf

hans eisl h.eisl
Thu Sep 20 05:39:40 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman schrieb:

>>>Just what exactly did you do? Did you get any error messages
>>>
>>>File->Import->EPS/PS
>>>
>>>Select ps file
>>>
>>>A progress dialogue box shoul appear
>>>
>>>After it is 'imported', you can then move it into position.
>>>

>>>It really does work, truly.
>>>

>>>Owen
>>>

>>When I choose the methode "file>import>import eps/eps" I get the message "Importing File: 'file name' failed".
>>When I tried to import eps-pictures within a picture frame (with cntrl-D) than appears no message, only the red diagonally lines changed from black to red.
>>I tried different eps-files, i.e. saved from illustrator (as illustrator-eps version 7.0 and 10.0), this file contains only few simple things (one box, one bezier-line and one line of text), and a different pictures saved from photoshop.
>>

>Is it possible you don't have ghostscript installed? Or that Scribus
>doesn't know where it is?
>
>Greg

I installed ghostscript before I installed scribus, and I in
file>preferences>external tools>ps/eps interpreter I see the correct
path (C:/Programme/gs/gs8.54/bin/gswin32c.exe).
I tried a reinstallation of scribus, but this didn't change anything.
Btw I can open all the eps-pictures with ghostview.
Hans