[Scribus] illustrated essays - how to

Benjamin Huot benjaminhuot
Wed Sep 19 23:57:23 CEST 2007

I have used LaTeX for text books and Scribus for picture books
successfully with Lulu.com, but I'm not sure if either is good for
both. People probably don't run into that sort of problem too often
as books usually tend to be mostly pictures or mostly text. If you
are on a Mac, Pages would do a good job at this, but the PDFs it
produces don't embed fonts the way LuLu likes, so if you can't get
them fixed with Ghostscript, then that would be a big waste of time.
I think you might want to consider an Adobe product, as much as I
think they are too expensive, that may be the best route for your
situation.

I have also hear of a product called Multi-Ad Creator

http://www.creatorsoftware.com/

That might do what you want for less than an Adobe product. I know
the University I went to used this software for their college newspaper.

http://www.apple.com/iwork/pages/
http://www.adobe.com/products/indesign/