[Scribus] Downloadable Documentation

Plinnell mrdocs
Tue Sep 18 00:46:13 CEST 2007

On Monday 17 September 2007, Asif Lodhi wrote:
> Thanks Craig.
>
> On 9/17/07, Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info> wrote:
> > Open Scribus, go to Help->Scribus Manual.
>
> I did it but there is no manual or help documentation.
>
> > If theres no docs, and you are on debian etc, theres a
> > documentation package to install.
>
> I am using Fedora 7 and Scribus has come bundled with it - 1.3.3.6
> probably. Your reply suggests that the documentation package is on
> my Fedora 7 DVD. I'll look it up, thanks. The problem is I can't
> connect to the Internet from Fedora 7 - I have a dial-up internet
> connection - it just doesn't recognize the carrier even! I don't
> know what they have done with the dial-up functionality - it seems
> to be some kind of an over-enhancement of security - however, I can
> connect to the Internet from the same machine using a Windows
> installation. It was not like that previously but it's strange now
> as I am having to work on Windows installed on one disk to browse
> the Internet and am using the Linux disk for work! I can't browse
> the Internet and work at the same time! I'll post this issue on
> Fedora List. The reason I mentioned it here is that I haven't yet
> upgraded to a broadband or DSL connection and browsing the Scribus
> docs on a dial-up connection only works when I am connected to the
> Internet - which is when I am using Windows and Scribus is not
> there!
>
> Anyway, Scribus-1.3.3.6 is really vastly improved than the 1.2.2cvs
> I used to work on previously. Thanks a lot for that.
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Asif

Hi,

You can download Fedora 7 rpms for 1.3.3.10svn or 1.3.4, along with
some useful apps to complement Scribus here:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/mrdocs/FC7/repodata/

I've been making Scribus rpms for Fedora/RH for a while so they should
be reliable and work without issue.

Cheers,

Peter