[Scribus] Probably silly question re outlining

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Sep 16 17:06:50 CEST 2007

Andy Turner wrote:
> Hiya
>
> Recently moved to Ubuntu, which I much prefer to windows. However, I'm
> having trouble finding a suitable word processor.
>
> My problem is that I need 'intelligent' outlining. Ie.
>
> header a
>         child b
>         child b
>                 child c
>                 child c
>         child b
> header a
>
> I'd like to be able to then fold in by level so I can choose to see only
> header a's plus child b's, with child c's hidden or only header's and
> then be able to unfold in same way. I find it a good way to write /
> study.
>
> My question is whether I can do this with Scribus or is an overkill? If
> it is, any suggestions? I'm not going to be doing any proper DTP work.

1. Scribus is surely not a good choice for this.
2. I'm not sure any wordprocessor will function this way -- it seems you
want something that functions something like a database. Even then, is
it worth the effort?

Greg