[Scribus] Publishing question

eklektik joz_mak
Fri Sep 14 15:49:19 CEST 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Pierre Marchand <capparis at free.fr>
To: scribus at nashi.altmuehlnet.de
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 3:14:53 AM
Subject: Re: [Scribus] Publishing question

On Friday 14 September 2007 06:21:56 Craig Ringer wrote:
> As has been explained, your display will be somewhere from 90 - 140 dpi
> (almost certainly 96-110 unless you use a really high detail laptop
> display). You need to print at 300 dpi according to your printer. That
> means that you must either scale the images up and suffer visible
> blurring & pixelation, or you must print the screen shots at about one
> third of the size they appear on the screen.

Alternative, with X11, is to set a huge virtual screen. If your about 100 dpi,
make the virtual screen size three times greater then actual size would
result in the 300 dpi resulting image  be at screen size. But, who really
want to print at screen size ;-)

   <!--
#toc,
.toc,
.mw-warning {
	border: 1px solid #aaa;
	background-color: #f9f9f9;
	padding: 5px;
	font-size: 95%;
}
#toc h2,
.toc h2 {
	display: inline;
	border: none;
	padding: 0;
	font-size: 100%;
	font-weight: bold;
}
#toc #toctitle,
.toc #toctitle,
#toc .toctitle,
.toc .toctitle {
	text-align: center;
}
#toc ul,
.toc ul {
	list-style-type: none;
	list-style-image: none;
	margin-left: 0;
	padding-left: 0;
	text-align: left;
}
#toc ul ul,
.toc ul ul {
	margin: 0 0 0 2em;
}
#toc .toctoggle,
.toc .toctoggle {
	font-size: 94%;
}@media print, projection, embossed {
	body {
		padding-top:1in;
		padding-bottom:1in;
		padding-left:1in;
		padding-right:1in;
	}
}
body {
	font-family:'Times New Roman';
	color:#000000;
	widows:2;
	font-style:normal;
	text-indent:0in;
	font-variant:normal;
	font-size:12pt;
	text-decoration:none;
	font-weight:normal;
	text-align:left;
}
table {
}
td {
	border-collapse:collapse;
	text-align:left;
	vertical-align:top;
}
p, h1, h2, h3, li {
	color:#000000;
	font-family:'Times New Roman';
	font-size:12pt;
	text-align:left;
	vertical-align:normal;
}
     -->

   Hi Pierre,

   If I understand you well, what you are saying is that the imagagemagick command

   import -display :0 -window root -density 300 screen.png

   outputs a fake 300 dpi image.

   This is where I found the info.

   http://thesourceshow.org/node/40

   But I do only step 2 because I dont have other pc. When I open the screen shots, made with this method, in the gimp it shows resolution 300 dpi.

   What do you think, are these fake high res images?

   Thanks a lot,

   jmak

      Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane with All new Yahoo! Mail: http://mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?.intl=ca