[Scribus] Image frame doesn't make any sense to me

dax702 dax702
Wed Sep 5 04:47:17 CEST 2007

I suppose then it depends how you work.  To me, it seems like bad practice to
just take any ol (bitmap) image and drop it into DTP only to then mess with
its dimensions.  I've worked with images on the web, and in video and I
*always* create the image to the specs I need and then import it into
wherever it needs to go.  I am approaching DTP in the same manner because it
makes logical sense.

I wasn't entirely clear.  I don't have a problem with the image frame
feature itself, or making decorative frames, rotating, duplicating, moving,
etc. the image frame.  I simply believe that for the people who take the
time to create their bitmap images exactly as they want them, then Scribus
should allow those people to be able to simple create an image frame, insert
the image and have the frame automatically resize itself to the ACTUAL
dimensions of the image, whether it be, pixels, inches, whatever. and then
and only then we should have the option to screw around with resizing..