[Scribus] Scribus and Trapping?

Celso Junior celsojr2007
Tue Sep 4 21:54:06 CEST 2007

Hi!

My my studies about trapping, it is only required when we have two or
more objects wich we wish to avoid appear a white or misscolored fillet,
due to a registration problem. Trapping can be simulated in scribus by
adding a stroke line arround the object, containing a sort of mixing of
the two colors (causes overprint) Lets think in Magenta Square and a
Cyan Circle for example.
If we put a thin (0.5pt) Blue stroke line arround the circle, there will
be an overprinting arround it and the magenta area and the cyan area
will have a 0.5pt tollerance  of  registration problems to this object.
Lets say  that you must just know the  resulting sum of the object
colors and, for the internal object, apply a stroke with that color .
Another example, a 50% black (C0% M0% Y0% K50%) circle with a orange
(C0% M50% Y100% K0%) rectangle passing throught it. create dark orange
(C0% M50% Y100% K50%)
That should be enought to have a arcaic, but reasonable, object trapping
with scribus ^_^v

Regards
Celso Junior
Brazil