[Scribus] Scribus Manual

m8130 at abc.se m8130
Wed Oct 31 12:26:41 CET 2007

> My experience with manuals is that the best ones serve both an
> introductory role, yet also a quick-reference when all you really need
> is a reminder about how something is done. There are  a variety of ways
> of accomplishing this, but one advantage of Andreas's suggested layout
> with a wide lateral margin, is that the margin can be used for a
> succinct summary of what's on the page, or hints, or any number of
> easily understood clues.

Yes, that is the way to do.

When I studied on technical college we had a class in technical writing
(to learn how to write manuals, because it's the engineers who know how
things work and they need to be able to teach others). And I think we were
told that a good manual need to work in 3 different ways.

1. Quick start
2. Different "how to do that"
3. Reference (what is that button for? where is that function?)

We got a very technical description of a fictive device and wrote manuals
for it.

/Peter