[Scribus] Easy way to extract all text from a Scribus File?

Julian Robbins julian.robbins
Wed Oct 24 18:16:34 CEST 2007

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Julian Robbins wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there a quick way to extract all the text from a Scribus file in
>> one go? I could do this was a generated PDF, but I believe that
>> doesnt quite work correctly either, adding lots of spaces right
>> through the words.
> Attached is an imperfect script to do this. The imperfections are:
> 1. it relies on the frames' names beginning with "Text" to recognize
> them.
> 2. If text frames are linked you will get duplicate output --
> everything is there, but perhaps multiple times.
>
> It will also give the source of each image frame's image.
>
> I did this as an exercise so I didn't bother to keep working on it. If
> you added a test of a frame's contents you could fix problem number 1.
Hi Greg

Thanks for that. In the end, I had to select each text item separately,
and save them separately.

Is this something that users would find useful? If so, perhaps it can be
added as a feature request to the bug tracker. I think so, as you can't
extract all the text usefully from the PDF itself.

Cheers

Julian