[Scribus] Sample images

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins
Wed Oct 24 16:47:49 CEST 2007

2007/10/24, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>:

> Louis Desjardins wrote:
> >
> > I was not thinking about links. I was thinking about having the images
> > right at your fingertips. What I have in mind is lowres images that
> > will hold very little space on any hard drive. As for the vector
> > images, well... they are even less an issue in terms of weight.
> well, there are these:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Special:Imagelist

Well... this is too many! What I envision is only a few pics... in the
spirit of lorem ipsum.

And why no links is mainly because in some situation (workshop is a good
example) the Internet connexion might not be as it should...

I also sure know we can live without this! As we could certainly live
without Lorem Ipsum and just grab any text we have in hand for mock-ups. But
in my view, a few sample images provided with the app wouldn't hurt and
would in fact help in many situation where you only need to put there an
image (few subjects will be fine ? nature, city, people). I am thinking of a
few hundred kilobytes, not even a meg of those. Is it too much?

Louis

Greg