[Scribus] Manual - first baby step

m8130 at abc.se m8130
Wed Oct 24 12:20:54 CEST 2007

> This requires writing and maintaining, the possibly translating into
> multiple languages.  If we can avoid reworking for different page sizes,
> I'd have thought that would be an advantage.

When I took a course on "technical writing" (like in "how to write
manuals") I learned that the same sentence can be very different in length
depending on the language. So I think that even if you stick to a fixed
page size, things will end up in different locations anyway. Pictures
might need to be put on the next page etc.

For example have a look in a manual for a cell phone, today those often
contain the same text in different languages.

Ta have a consitent layout you would have to design based on the language
that takes most space, and then other languages will get some empty space
on the bottom of each page.

/Peter