[Scribus] Page numbering - known bug or feature?

Dr. Werner Popken Werner
Fri Oct 19 20:20:23 CEST 2007

ver. 1.3.3.9:

Using page numbers on masterpages, I want them to switch from left to
right on left resp. right pages, so that the number on the left page
rifht aligns to the text frame and the page number on the right page
left aligns accordingly, something like that:

  t                          t  |  t                          t
  t                          t  |  t                          t
  t                          t  |  t                          t
  tttttttttttttttttttttttttttt  |  tttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
 x                              |                               y

To be ready for 3-digit page numbers, I defined textboxes with ### on
my left/right-master pages, which seems to be reduced to only 2 or 1
digits sometimes when applied, but I'm fighting my way through ;-)

Also, defining as ### and having only 2 digits, the left page number
ist not right aligned, but instead a blank is added and this blank is
right aligned. That's not really acceptable. Happily, I found
workarounds in my case, but maybe this should be reported as a bug, or
is it known and taken care for already?

Werner