[Scribus] Knockout/overprint in 1.3.3.9

Stewart Noy windrunner
Thu Oct 18 19:08:50 CEST 2007

As there are no overprint/knockout settings in 1.3.3.9, if you have two
images that overlap do they automatically knockout?
This relates to the following:
I have an image taking up half of a page and a colour taking up the other
half. My printer says that I should have the colour extend across the entire
page and put the image ontop of that, and set to knockout, and the RIP will
take care of the trapping. I thought it would make more sense to just have a
small overlap?

On a different note, he also says that any black text is set to overprint by
default by the RIP. So seeing as 1.3.3.9 has no overprint for text, is this
how other Scribus users ensure text is overprinted?

Cheers

Stewart