[Scribus] Which Non-Latin Scripts Do Free Software Fonts Not Cover?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Oct 17 16:03:15 CEST 2007

Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:
> Dave Crossland schrieb:
>

>> Are there complex scripts that free software fonts do not cover at
>> all at the moment?
>>

> -Mongolian (no longer used in Mongolia since the revolution).
> -Limbu.
> -Balinese.
> -Ancient greek musical notation (not really a script, but there's 75
> unicode charcaters for it).
> -Byzantine musical notation.
> -Arabic lacks ligatures.
> -Sylheti Nagri (riginal sylheti script before they switched to bengali
> script).
> -Phagspa (can be used to write chinese, mongolian and tibetian, fell out
> of use with the rise of the ming dynasty).
> -Tagbanwa.
> -Buhid.

In general, I think we could say most South Asian, Southeast Asian
fonts. Better fonts would certainly be a great help to Scribus
developers for incorporating them into Scribus.

Greg