[Scribus] Is 1.3.4 stable enough

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Oct 17 14:36:43 CEST 2007

Stewart Noy wrote:

> Gregor-13 wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> There aren't many news about 1.3.4 release and the homepage still
>> offers the 1.3.3.9
>> Does it mean 1.3.4 is not stable enough?
>> I experienced some crashes for unknown reasons (on Vista) but I did not
>> report a bug since I could not reproduce them.
>>
>> I am about to begin a project (book) so I would like to know first.
>> At my last project I was using 1.3.3.9 and all went well but 1.3.4
>> offers interesting stuff.
>>
>> Thanks and best regards,
>> Gregor Gresak
>>

> Yes, 1.3.4 is a development version and 1.3.3.9 is the stable version.
> Personally I use 1.3.3.10 which as some bug fixes, and seems just as stable
> as 1.3.3.9.
> 1.3.4 is way too buggy for me.

1.3.4 itself is a bit of a dead-end version. Where fixes are being made,
they go into 1.3.5, which is a version that uses qt4. 1.3.5 still isn't
quite safe enough to recommend, especially for something like a book. If
you can get 1.3.5svn up and running, you might make your book in 1.3.3.9
or 1.3.3.10svn, then load a copy into 1.3.5svn (or 1.3.4) to see how it
looks. A big issue with the transition to 1.3.4+ is a different handling
of text and styles.

Greg