[Scribus] acroread 8.1.1

John Jason Jordan johnxj
Tue Oct 9 03:15:16 CEST 2007

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:02:13 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> dijo:

> Frank Cox wrote:
> > I haven't see this mentioned here yet, though I may have missed it:
> >
> > I just noticed that Adobe seems to have released version 8.1.1 of acroread,
> > which can be found here:
> >
> > http://ardownload.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/unix/8.x/8.1.1/enu/AdobeReader_enu-8.1.1-1.i486.rpm
> >
> One of the features I note that it has is what it calls "booklet
> printing", not to be confused with what most on this list look for,
> since as far as I can tell it doesn't do any imposition.

Well, now that the final has been released I can tell you that you are
lucky you are not using it on 64-bit Ubuntu. It is still a 32-bit only
app, which means that the print dialog box on Ubuntu does not list
printers installed via CUPS. As a beta tester I went around and around
with them about this. They never responded specifically to my pleas to
make it available as a 64-bit app.

I saved the instructions from the development team for how to get the
print dialog box on Ubuntu amd64 to show my printers. However, I
probably won't bother. Instead I'll just run print commands through
kprinter. I sure wish I didn't need it.