[Scribus] Congratulations and initial comments...

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Oct 2 21:57:36 CEST 2007

> For the pdf file the fonts should of course be embedded.
> The presumption is that the sla file will be copied by others to other
> machines. Is this frequent?
>
> I agree that there are more serious issues. IMO Scribus text justification
> needs to be reworked according to the pdftex model before it is ready for
> serious book use.  Then there are TOC, indexing, table generation, running
> headers that change when the chapter changes, footnotes  and so on.
>
> Perhaps others do not share my need for adequate text handling. But if this
> is not a goal someone should say so. Scribus is still superior for laying
> out book covers, which is not a trivial task.

You should watch the videos from LGM 2007, especially Andreas's.
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2007/program.html

Text justification has changed a lot in 1.3.4 and all of these things will
continue to improve in 1.3.5+

Craig