[Scribus] OT: Annotating Existing PDFs

Asif Lodhi asif.lodhi
Fri Nov 30 21:45:17 CET 2007

Thanks to all who replied and special thanks to those who suggested
alternative solutions.

> Am 30.11.2007 um 08:48 schrieb Craig Ringer:
> Asif Lodhi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any way I can make notes on existing PDFs and have them
>> store
>> either in the PDF or any other file "linked" with that PDF? In
>> addition, how, then, will I be able to see my notes/highlights the
>> next time I want to view my PDF. I am talking about PDFs with
>> something like 2000 pages or more.
>
> As far as I know, the only option you have at present is Adobe Acrobat
> Professional. There are probably other $$ options, but I'm not
> aware of
> any free ones that make it easy to view a PDF and annotate it.
>
> The Preview.app delivered with OS X can do that and as far as I know
> the default preview-application for KDE4 will do it also.

> on Wed, 28 Nov 2007 05:17:56 +0500, Kite wrote:
> pdfedit is more stable and usable now, you may check it out.
> http://pdfedit.petricek.net

 I am going to have to review one or two books that are likely to be
provided to me in PDF format. I have also spotted the Google Notes
online application on the web but don't know whether it can be used to
create notes on PDFs hosted online as it's difficult to do on a
dial-up connection. Basically, the problem to solve is to create an
application for creating notes/annotations/highlights for "any"
electronic document format.

--
Thanks again,

Asif